Julie Park, Managing Director
Julie is the MD and advises a broad range of businesses on UK and global VAT and customs duty issues – she is based in our London office.
Prior to joining The VAT Consultancy Julie was a director at Deloitte. Throughout her career she has spent periods of time embedded within the indirect tax teams of major corporates, assisting them and their business units with specific projects and helping drive VAT and customs duty efficiencies into the business, providing vital resource to the team to enable them to achieve their goals.
Recent projects in which she has been involved include:
- Advising a US corporate on its global VAT invoicing processes and procedures and withholding tax obligations (75+ countries)
- VAT determination in ERP implementations for several mid and large corporates
- Implementing an SEO compliant VAT process and control framework for a major airline
- Project managing a global customs duty control tower project for a global manufacturer
- Carrying VAT healthcheck and risk reviews on the overseas subsidiaries of a FTSE 100 company
- Quarterly VAT AP compliance reviews for a US Fortune 100 company
- Cash generating reviews to identify P&L and working capital savings opportunities from customs duties and VAT