Sean McGinness, VAT Director
Sean is a VAT director based in Glasgow but advising clients based throughout the UK and overseas.
Prior to joining The VAT Consultancy, Sean was with EY. Sean advises on a broad range of VAT issues but has a particular focus on retail, property and VAT processes and controls.
Recent projects that Sean has been involved in include:
- Quasi in-house senior indirect tax role with a large privately owned insurance and consumer experience business;
- Managing the indirect tax issues of international expansions projects for large retailers, both in the EU and outside. These project are end to end through the supply chain from manufacturing to customer;
- Advising a US not for profit on its international conferencing program; covering Europe, LATAM and Asia Pacific;
- Advising clients on VAT process, systems and controls improvements and managing communication with tax authorities;
- Advising a global e-invoicing provider on indirect tax issues of an EU roll-out and providing tax specialist support as part of the client’s bid team.