Many businesses in the aviation sector have come under increasing pressure over the past few years to reduce costs and increase profit. There has been much in the news recently regarding significant losses being made in the sector and the fact that many European operators are teetering on the brink of financial collapse.
Indirect Taxes (VAT, APD etc) and customs and excise duty are costs borne by all in the sector and have a significant impact on the bottom line.
The VAT Consultancy has a dedicated team with over 18 years experience advising clients in the aviation sector on issues such as:
- Air Passenger Duty concessions and refunds
- VAT treatment of the sale of goods on board
- Cross border movement of goods for cargo operators
- Zero rating provisions for qualifying aircraft
- Inward processing relief for commissary stores, aircraft parts and food
- CAP refunds on tray meals
- Cash injection and cash flow planning opportunities.
Our team also has practical experience working with a supply chain logistics company with a dedicated contract to one of the world’s largest airlines advising on areas such as:
- The management of customs and excise bonded warehouses for inflight on-board consumption and inflight duty-free sales
- The completion of intrastat declarations
- Assisting with AEO certification
- Advising on tariff classifications
- The practical application of various customs duty reliefs.